Sunday, March 18, 2012

A Solution, Netflix stuck at 98% loading.

Internet Options Advance Tab
      Netflix gets stuck loading at various percentages but most appear at 98% or 99%. I'm suspicious that most Netflix Loading issues are just due to DRM issues. There is little documentation and few solutions for loading problems online. Most of the typical Netflix fixes like uninstall/reinstalling Silverlight, Clearing browser caches and Silverlight, or deleting mspr.hds file don't solve loading problems. Loading problems occurs across Browsers and calls to Netflix support can be unhelpful with this particular issue without an error code. I don't know exactly why this solution works but simply Reseting Internet Explorer Settings under the Advance tab of Internet Options which can be accessed from either Control Panel or Internet Explorer solved the stuck at 98% problem for me. Maybe, this post might save someone calls to Netflix and Microsoft.   

15 comments:

  1. Thank you. That seemed to work for me. No idea why. I was using the chrome browser not internet explorer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Worked like a charm. It started playing while the reset was running, also in chrome like merlin. good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not try this technique myself. I did however disable the Norton extension in Chrome and viola it worked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. It did not work for me. Please help. This Netflix started Piss me Off so bad. Stupid Service.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Used this fix this morning with my MILs computer and it worked. I was initially using google chrome and switched to Internet Explorer. It loaded to 98% and stayed. As soon as I reset the browser (I.E.) the movie loaded all the way. I went back to google chrome and opened Netflix and it loaded completely there too. So thank you very much!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. can you explain in more detail im trying to fix this problem thanks Boss Lady youre a cool ass bawss im trying to get it going in Chrome by the way

      Delete
  6. the resetting worked for me....much thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. who would be such an asshole tu use internet explorer?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant - and I use Chrome too,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. can you please give me a detailed explanation of how you fixed the issue on chrome please man i beg you! ive been dealing with this 98 percent netflix freeze for almost a week now and its driving me crazy! i tried a full browser reset but it didnt do anything! :(

      Delete
    2. The solution of Reseting Internet Explorer Settings under the Advance tab of Internet Options which can be accessed from either Control Panel or Internet Explorer as above works on all browsers including chrome in Windows.

      Delete
    3. ok i went to advanced internet options through control panel... still freezes at 98 on chrome.... any ideas?

      Delete
  9. This worked for me too.
    Even though I use Firefox, resetting the IE settings did the trick.

    This is not the first time however, I see systemwide things get fixed through IE :)

    ReplyDelete